Sunday 3 December 2017

Sephora Favorites Prime, Set, Go






   The set has 8 items for you to try out that are used either as primer, setting your makeup or a skin booster.


This set contains:

Becca
First Light Priming Filter Instant Complexion Refresh

   This is a purple tinted primer that goes on sheer. The purple is supposed to help brighten and even out your skin tone, and it is supposed to have an energizing citrus scent to it. I found that this primer gave my skin a radiant finish and that the scent was more like candy then citrus but it did help my makeup stay on all day.


Milk Makeup
Blur Stick

   This blur stick does exactly what it’s supposed to do. It filled in my pores to give me nice smooth skin to put makeup on. It is also oil and silicone free and is colourless.


Cover FX
Illuminating Setting Spray

   This setting spray subtly illuminates your skin and has the finest spray that I have ever seen. It feels as if nothing is going on your face. It does have a bit of a scent to it though but it goes away.


Laura Mercier Cosmetics
Deluxe Mini Translucent Loose Setting Powder and Mini Velour Puff

   This setting powder sets the makeup very well, feels like silk and makes my makeup look really good.


Tarte
Rainforest of the Sea Marine Boosting Mist

   This product can be used as a primer, hydrating mist, makeup setting spray and as a skin refresher. I used this before my skincare as a booster.  It has a scent that reminds me of the sea; it isn’t overpowering though and dissipates. The only thing I don’t like about this product is that it has a horrible spray. It comes out in globs. For this reason I would be only using this as a skin booster and not as a setting spray.


Smashbox
Photo Finish Primer Water

   This primer spray has a good spray on it that fully covers your face.  I used this as a setting spray and it does help hydrate my skin and keeps my makeup in place. The only thing I don’t like about this product is that it has a scent to it that I am not fond of.


Too Faced
Primed and Peachy Cooling Matte Perfecting Primer (Peaches and Cream Collection)

   This primer has a peach tint that goes away when you apply it to your skin, fills in your pores and it does have a bit of a cooling effect when you first apply it. This product does have the same peach and fig smell as the rest of the collection and makes your makeup look great.


Hourglass
Veil Mineral Primer

   This primer is white, very thin and feels a little weird when I smooth it over my skin. Every time I used this primer it would get everywhere. I would hold it upside down to pump out the product and it would still get everywhere. Needless to say I am not fond of this primer and would not be purchasing it in a bigger size.


   Overall I think that these types of sets are great if you want to try out a bunch of brands at once. They also make great gifts for someone who loves makeup and enjoys trying out different products. I will be buying more sets like this in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment