Saturday 12 May 2018

Too Faced Sex on the Peach Complexion Set





   This is a limited edition set that has two full sized and two deluxe products in it. The full sized products are Better Than Sex Mascara and Peach Perfect Mattifying Loose Setting Powder. The deluxe sized ones are Primed and Peachy Cooling Matte Perfecting Primer and Peach Mist Setting Spray.






Better Than Sex Mascara

   The Better Than Sex Mascara is encased in a heavy light pink chrome tube and has an hourglass shaped brush. The name of the company and the name of the product are in the same light pink colour and don’t stand out at all, I think it would look better if they were black. I know that this won’t be a popular opinion, but I don’t like this product. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not a bad product it just doesn’t do that much for my lashes. I do get volume and length from it, but I always have to comb out my lashes because it makes them clump together. I have to say I much prefer the L’Oréal Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara over this one.






Peach Perfect Mattifying Loose Setting Powder

   The lid of this powder is gold on the outside, and the top of the lid is a soft plastic that wont get damaged or scratched easily. When you take off the lid, it has another lid that keeps the powder from spilling out all over the place. The inner lid stays attached to the jar, and it has little pegs that fit in the holes on the bottom where the powder comes out. This ensures that the powder doesn’t make a mess, but it also makes it harder to get the powder out of the jar. I wish that the second lid did not have those pegs on it so that the powder would come out easier. The powder feels nice and silky on the skin, and also blurs the skin a bit. I also like that they have an imprint of a peach where the product comes out.






Peach Mist Mattifying Setting Spray

   This setting spray has to be shaken up really well before you use it. If you don’t, you will get little white dots all over your face which is really less than ideal. When you shake it, you will hear a rattling sound in it. These are more than likely little metals balls that help mix up the product, like the ones you see in nail polish bottles. The mist on this is fine, and once it dries down it has a little bit of a blurring effect to it, and it does mattify your skin.






Primed and Peachy Cooling Matte Skin Perfecting Primer

   This product comes in a tube that has a pump on it. When the product comes out, it has a peach tint to it, but that goes away after you apply it to your face. When you apply it, I recommend that you pat it onto your face and don’t use a lot as it will pill up. It does a nice job of blurring and mattifying your skin, has a bit of a cooling effect to it and holds onto your makeup.


   Everything but the mascara has that peach scent to it like the rest of the items in the collection. Overall I like this kit, but because of my dry skin I can’t use all of the products at once because they make my skin feel dry at the end of the day. If you have dry or dehydrated skin you probably won’t like these products, but if you have normal to oily skin I think they will work out for you.

   I think that the set is a good price for the items you get in it, and recommend that you pick it up if you wanted to try out these items. I still saw some of these sets in my local Sephora so check yours. If they have sold out, hopefully they will bring it back.



$55 at sephora.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment