Saturday 2 June 2018

Revolution Beauty Mint Chocolate, Chocolate Rose Gold and Nudes Eyeshadow Palettes


   These eyeshadow palettes from Revolution Beauty can sometimes be hit or miss for pigmentation and lasting power.


   I found that the matte eyeshadows in Chocolate Rose Gold and Mint Chocolate were more pigmented than the ones in the Nudes palette. The rest of the eyeshadows in the Chocolate Rose Gold and Mint Chocolate are are pretty pigmented with the odd miss. 

   When I was doing the swatches for the Nude palette, I had to dip my finger in the palette multiple times in order to get the swatch to show up on camera. I don't know if they have reformulated the palettes or not, but I like the older palettes better than the Nudes palette. For all three of these palettes the staying power of these eyeshadows are pretty good, just don't expect them to last through a very hot summer day. I also noticed that they get hard pan very easily. In the picture above you will notice a bit on some of the eyeshadows already, and I have only been using them for a few weeks. I can still get the colour out of them though which is good, you just need to dig your brush into the shadow a bit.

   I like that for the Nudes palette they decided to get rid of the plastic inserts that have the eyeshadow colour names on them and put them on the palette itself. They also took out the eyeshadow applicator they they usually give you, which was alright by me as I always use my own brush anyways. 

   Overall I like these palettes and will continue to get more from the brand to try out. I got these from their website, and I didn't have to pay any customs fees. I also got free shipping because I bought over $60 worth of makeup from them. 



Chocolate Rose Gold 

Top Row: Hold Up, Touch Me, Dirty Rich, Hard Work and Luxe.

Middle Row: Cheque, Barbie, Gold Digga, Girl Boss, Uh-oh and Not Yours. 

 Bottom Row: Shy, Back Up, Side-chick, My Own, and Independent.



Mint Chococlate

 Top Row: Sugarcoated, Engaged, Tea, Lust, and Poison Ivy.


 Middle Row: Secret, Worlds Apart, Distorted, Rivals, Interupted and Compromise.


 Bottom Row: Awaken, Disturbance, Commotion, High Standards and Confession.



Nudes 

 Top Row: Bare It All, Stripped Down, French Girls, In The Sheets, Pillow Talk and Candlelit.


Middle Row: In The Nude, Secret, Birthday Suit, Flustered, Lovestruck and In The Buff.


 Bottom Row: Au Naturel, Undressed, Bodacious, Skimpy, After Dark and Brazen.




No comments:

Post a Comment