Monday 4 November 2019

Glamglow Glowsetter

   This is a setting spray that has skincare ingredients in it.


   This spray helps to set and refresh your makeup and is infused with some skincare ingredients. It also has caffeine and their Teaoxi blend of white tea, red tea and green tea in it.

   The Teaoxi complex helps to fight environmental stressors while the caffeine has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. There is also Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate (licorice root extract) in it which has anti-irritant and anti-inflammatory properties. Also in the ingredients is Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, this is a type of yeast that is a humectant.

   This is a vegan product and is free from phthalates, silicones, soap, sls/sles, oils, petrolatum, parabens, peg and drying alcohol.

   When I used this spray I noticed that the pump goes down a bit slow which lets you get it all over the face better. The mist is really fine and it feels like you are getting nothing on the face when you are, this can make it easy to overload the product on the face. I noticed as I was spraying it that it has an orange creamsicle scent to it. I found that the scent didn’t last too long, but if you don’t like scents then you probably won’t like this product. I noticed that it did make my makeup look nice and it stayed put all day, my face didn’t feel hydrated though throughout the entire day, it felt a little dry halfway through and I had to reapply.

  I know that they market this as a setting spray but I honestly think that if you use it over your makeup the product won’t be able to penetrate deep enough to actually help out your skin. This would be better suited as a primer or to use without makeup so that you get all of the benefits from it.

   Overall I will not be repurchasing this spray again. While I really like the scent, the fine mist that comes out and that it held my makeup in place all day, I also found that my face felt dry at the end of the day. I also think that it is too expensive for a setting spray that leaves me feeling dry. If it was a bit cheaper and more hydrating I would definitely repurchase it.




Ingredients:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Aspalathus Linearis (Red Tea) Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis (White Tea) Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Yellow Tea) Leaf Extract, Caffeine, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Sucrose, Disodium Phosphate, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Polysorbate 20, Fragrance, Limonene, Disodium Edta and Phenoxyethanol.




$42 at Sephora

No comments:

Post a Comment