Sunday 10 November 2019

I Heart Revolution Chocolate Vault 2

   This new vault has five shadow palettes, three face palettes, and three lip glosses.


   The vault is worth $123 USD and sells for $112 USD, so there isn’t much in savings if you buy the vault, but there are seven exclusive items in it. Last year though, some of the exclusive items did become regular stock items.

   The eyeshadow palettes in this set are still hit or miss but they do seem a lot better than the ones from the other vault. A few of them also have a faint scent to them that doesn’t last long at all. The mattes are still powdery and they don’t swatch the best, but they can be built up. I tried out the eyeshadow for a few weeks, a couple of nights I noticed it had creased, though this could be due to the fact that I was busier at work those days. There are also pressed pigments in these palettes, I have put (PP) for pressed pigment after the name of any shadow that is a pressed pigment.



Mint (a.k.a Mint Chocolate) Shadow Palette
Top Row: Sugarcoated, Engaged, Tea (PP), Lust and Poison Ivy.

Middle Row: Secret, Worlds Apart (PP), Distorted, Rivals, Interupted and Compromise.

Bottom Row: Awaken, Disturbance, Commotion, High Standards and Confession.



White Chocolate (a.k.a Naked Chocolate) Shadow Palette
Top Row: Smoothly, Divine, Mocha Lover, Dipped and Choc-fest.

Middle Row: Adorable, Buttons, Frosted Choc, Delight, Sweet Shop and Sugar.

Bottom Row: Double Dip, Tob-le-rone. Wonka, Milky and Way.



Chocolate Orange Shadow Palette
Top Row: Its Mine, Clementine, Chocolate Orange (PP), Ribbon and Silky Smooth (PP).


Middle Row: Gift, Tap It, Lush, Segment, Pip and Orange (PP).


Bottom Row: Smash, Peel (PP), Dessert, Nibble (PP) and In One.



Fruit and Nut Shadow Palette
Top Row: Raisins, Melted Chocolate (PP), Macadamia, Wrapper, Currants (PP) and Fruity.

Middle Row: Plum, Taste, Swirl, Walnut, Peanut and Grape (PP).

Bottom Row: Hazelnut, Blueberries, Cherries (PP), Nutcracker, Mixed and Deluxe (PP). 



Cookies and Cream Shadow Palette
Top Row: Crunch, Snap, Crumb, Stracciatella (PP), Milk and Cocoa Powder.

Middle Row: Bake, Treats, Twist, Lick, Dunk, One More.

Bottom Row: Cookie (PP), Sandwich, Vanilla, Jar, Biscuit Tin and Cream.



   When I first opened the blush palette I noticed that it had a faint scent to it. The scent does not last long though on the skin. There are a variety of different colours in the palette and they are all matte blushes. When I first tried on the blushes I noticed that they are very pigmented. I had to tap off my brush before I applied it and I had to blend it out a lot but in the end they looked really nice on my face and lasted all day.



Marshmallow Blush Palette
Smore, Marshmallows, Squishy, Confection and Whirl.



   The highlighter palette doesn’t have any scent to it but there is glitter in both of the shades. The one on the left has big chunks of glitter and the one on the right has micro glitter. Unfortunately the one on the right is too dark for me so I didn’t try it on but the one on the left is light enough. The highlight did blend out nice on my face but you could really see the glitter in it and it fell all over my face when I blended it out.



Gold Elixir Highlighter Palette



   The contour powder has a slight scent to it but it doesn’t last long. I do not contour my face but I did use the lighter version as a setting powder and it worked well. The powder blended out very well and didn’t look cakey on my face. I cannot say how the darker one would look, as I did not use it.   



Milk Chocolate Contour Palette



   The lip glosses are scented as to what they are named but the scent doesn’t last long. They have a small slanted applicator that makes it easy to apply the gloss, but you do have to dip the wand into the tube multiple times. When I put the gloss on I noticed that it felt more like a cream then a gloss and they weren’t sticky at all. The gloss lasted on my lips for about two hours before it wore off, during that time it felt hydrating on my lips.



Lip Gloss
Toffee, Marshmallow and Raspberry.



   Everything in this set is cruelty-free and some of them are also vegan. Check out the list below to see which are cruelty-free and vegan.



Cruelty-Free and Vegan 
Marshmallow Lipgloss
Toffee Lipgloss
Raspberry Lipgloss
Milk Chocolate Contour Palette
Gold Elixir Highlighter Palette
Chocolate Orange shadow Palette
Mint Shadow Palette


Cruelty-Free
Marshmallow Blush Palette
Cookies and Cream Shadow Palette
White Chocolate Shadow Palette
Fruit and Nut Shadow Palette



   Overall I do like this set and I think that it would make a good gift for either yourself or someone else.



$112 USD Revolution Beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment