Sunday 1 March 2020

Smashbox Always On Cream to Matte Lipstick

 

   This is a long-wearing lipstick that is transfer-resistant and waterproof.


   This lipstick is infused with their primer oil complex and is vegan and cruelty free. In the formula there is sunflower seed oil, tocopheryl acetate (a synthetic form of vitamin e), jojoba seed, chamomile flower extract and apricot kernel oil. Jojoba seed oil is a non comedogenic liquid wax that is a humectant with antioxidant properties. Apricot oil is a light oil, that absorbs quickly into your skin. It has moisturizing, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which makes it good for people with dry sensitive skin.

   The box of this lipstick is white with Smashbox in black on it. There is also a red stripe on it that looks like red tape with the Always On Cream To Matte Lipstick written on it.


        The top of the box has the colour of the lipstick with the name of the colour in white.


   The tube of the lipstick is black with smashbox written on it in white. The top of the tube is slanted with a slight dip in it and it has the colour of the lipstick on the top of it.


   I really like that they put the colour of the lipstick on top of the cap, this makes it really easy to pick out the one you want if you have more than one.   

   The lipstick cap is really hard to take off; you have to pull really hard. When I did get it opened, I noticed that there isn’t any scent to it at all.


   The lipstick itself went on really smooth and it has a lot of colour payoff. While the precision tip is useful, after a few applications it starts to wear down. I also like that the lipstick had a dip in the middle because it hugs your lips better, but I found that that also started to go away after a week of constant use. As soon as you put it on it starts to dry down and is dry within five minutes. I did notice though that it did transfer a bit onto my coffee cup, and when I kissed my hand, a little bit came off from the outer edges of my lips and tiny bit came off of my lips. After three hours of having the lipstick on, my lips felt a little dry, but defiantly not at all like the moisture was being sucked out of them. There was also no feathering or bleeding of the lipstick but it did give my lips that dried out look that happens when you wear a matte lipstick. When I went I too take it off, I had a little bit out trouble. You will defiantly need a lip remover to get all of the product off of your lips without irritating them.

   This lipstick only works well if you put it on dry lips. If you have a lip balm or anything else on under it, it will transfer a lot more product and it will not last as long on your lips.
I really like this lipstick, and I usually don’t like matte lipsticks because they dry out my lips too much. This one keeps my lips feeling comfortable enough that I don’t feel like I need a lip balm after an hour. If you’re like me and you are a lip balm addict but you want to try out a matte lipstick I recommend that you try this one out.






Ingredients:
Isododecane, Octyldodecanol, Synthetic Wax, Ceresin, Caprylyl Methicone, Hydrogenated Styrene/ Isoprene Copolymer, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Polyethylene, Polysilicone-11, Tocopheryl Acetate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate,

May Contain:
 Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 28 (CI 45410), Red 30 (CI 73360), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140) and Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985)] <ILN47434>




$29 at Smashbox
$32 at Sephora

No comments:

Post a Comment