Monday 8 June 2020

Life Brand Hydrating Facial Sheet Mask

   This is a hydrating and smoothing mask.
   
   Some of the ingredients in this face mask are glycerin, scutellaria baicalensis (skullcap) root extract, sodium hyaluronate, amorphophallus konjac root powder, nelumbo nucifera (lotus) flower extract and prunus mume (plum) fruit extract. The scutellaria aaicalensis (skullcap) root extract has anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. The amorphophallus konjac root powder contains glucomannan, a high viscosity soluable fiber. Soluable fibers will expand into a gel-like substance when they come into contact with water. Since it has a thickening ability this makes it a very effective humectant. It has also been looked at to be used as a plant-based alternative to carbomers. The lotus flower extract has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties and the plum fruit extract is used as a humectant and a moisturizer. This mask has also been dermatologist tested and is hypoallergenic.
   
   When I opened the package and put the mask on I noticed that there was a scent to it, it wasn’t repulsive but it wasn’t exactly pleasant and it stayed for a while. When the mask was on, it was a little too close to my eye and it felt like it was burning. The other issue I had was that the strip of fabric between my nose and mouth was too big and it irritated my lip a bit. Even though it felt like it was irritating my face a bit I kept it on for the full 15 minutes that it recommended. The burning sensation did go away after a few minutes. When I took it off I could see that there was a little bit of redness on the top of my lip but there wasn’t any redness on my eye area. I noticed that there was a lot of product still on my face so I messaged it into my skin as they recommended and patted my face dry, after I patted it dry my face felt a little sticky but hydrated.

   Even though this mask hydrated my skin, I will not be repurchasing it again since I did have a bit of a reaction to it. 





Ingredients:
Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Dipentaerythrityl Hexa C5-9 Acid Esters, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Betaine, Glycereth-26, Polysorbate 80, Glyceryl Stearate, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glyceryl Ether, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Ceteth-10, Ceteth-20, Propanediol, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Trihydroxystearin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Amorphophallus Konjac Root Powder, Nelumbo Nucifera (Lotus) Flower Extract, Prunus Mume Fruit Extract, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Disodium Edta, Gaultheria Procumbens (Wintergreen) Leaf Extract, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid and Fragrance.





No comments:

Post a Comment