Sunday 9 August 2020

Quo Beauty Sheer Lip Paint

    This is a sheer lip paint that is buildable.

   Some of the ingredients in the formula are hydrogenated polyisobutene, isododecane and diisostearyl malate. Hydrogenated polyisobutene is a skin softening synthetic oil that is used in place of mineral oil. Isododecane is a liquid that helps the formula go on smoothly without that greasy or thick feeling while helping to minimize the transfer of the product, as well as giving it a matte finish. It is also an emollient. Diisostearyl Malate functions as a skin softening agent in cosmetics. This lip product is cruelty free and vegan.   

   The shape of the bottle reminds me of a nail polish bottle. The product is in a clear bottle that has an inner tube of what the colour of the product is supposed to be, the colour is also on the top and neck of the bottle so that you can see what colour you are getting. The colour that is on the bottle is different than the colour of the product. There are groves on the lid which make it easy to open and close and they give you a better grip on the wand.

   When I opened the bottle I noticed that the wand is curved so that it hugs your lips as your apply the lip product. As I applied the lip paint I didn’t notice any scent at all to it, but I did notice that while the wand does hug my lips, it left a harsh line of product on the edge of my lips. I was able to smooth out the lines using the wand. When I had the first layer on, the product did look sheer and it felt nice and smooth on the lips. 

One layer of Quo Beauty Sheer Lip Paint in Poised


   It never did dry down as it said it was supposed to, but it did get a bit tacky the longer it was on. The more layers I had put on the tackier it felt, and when I did the kiss test on my hand some of the product came off no matter how many layers I had on. The lip paint lasted for about four hours on my lips (no matter how many layers I put on) and during that time my lips always felt hydrated. When it began to wear off it clung to the dry spots on my lips.  

   I like this lip paint by Quo Beauty. It wasn’t hard to apply (though I wish that I didn’t have to fix the harsh line that the applicator leaves behind) and I was pleasantly surprised by how long it lasted, and the fact that my lips didn’t feel the Sahara Desert when I took it off. If I didn’t already have a lot of lip products I would by this in another colour.  





Ingredients:

Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Isododecane, Diisostearyl Malate, Polybutene, Mica, Sorbitan Isostearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Silica, Vp/Hexadecene Copolymer, Cera Microcristallina, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Silica Silylate, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Carbonate, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Bht and Ethylhexylglycerin.


May Contain:

Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ci 77742, Ci 19140, Ci 15985, Ci 15850, Ci 45410.






No comments:

Post a Comment