Sunday 2 August 2020

Quo Beauty Eye Shadow Palette

  
   Quo has completely revamped their entire line of products and renamed it Quo Beauty. Their entire makeup line is vegan and cruelty free.
    
   There aren’t very many ingredients in the eyeshadows but there is caprylyl glycol, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate and dimethicone. Caprylyl glycol is a skin soothing, moisturizer that is also used as a preservative. Octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate is a saturated fatty acid that naturally occurs in both animal and vegetable fat. It is used in products as an emollient and to control the viscosity. Dimethicone (a.k.a polydimethylsiloxane) is a type of silicone that is man made. It is used as an anti-foaming agent, a hair and skin conditioner and a skin protector. It spreads easily on your skin and it helps to prevent water loss by forming a barrier on your skin.


   The palette is made out of plastic and it has a clear lid. When I first swatched the shadows I noticed that they didn’t swatch nicely at all, and that there wasn’t much pigment in the matte shades. When I put my brush into the shadows they kicked up a lot of powder, and I had to tap my brush off so that I didn’t get a ton of fallout. I had to build up the shadows in order to get the shadow on my lid to match what was in the pan. They blended out okay but they were way too much work. Even though I had an eyeshadow primer on, at the end of the day all of the matte shadows had creased or faded. The only shadows I had any luck with were the shimmer shades. They were more pigmented, didn't fade and they only creased a little bit. 


   In the swatches, I had to put on multiple layers of the matte shadows but, the shimmer swatches only have one layer.

   I do not recommend these eyeshadows at all, I was very disappointed with how they worked. I did get some nice looks out of them but unfortunately the shadows did not last. 






Ingredients: 
Mica, Talc, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Dimethicone, Magnesium Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Bht and Disodium Edta. 

May Contain:
Ci 77891, Ci 77499, Ci 77491, Ci 77742, Ci 77007, Ci 77492, Ci 15850, Ci 16035 and Ci 77861. 







$25 at Shoppers Drug mart

No comments:

Post a Comment