Sunday 19 July 2020

Maybelline Super Stay Full Coverage Foundation

   This is a long lasting, twenty four hour wear full coverage foundation.

   This foundation has glycerin and tocopherol (vitamin e) in it, but what helps it to stay on your face is polypropylsilsesquioxane. Polypropylsilsesquioxane is a silicone resin that forms a durable and flexible film on your skin. This film is resistant to being rubbed or washed off, which makes this a good ingredient for long-lasting makeup.  This foundation has been dermatologist tested, is oil free and it doesn’t clog your pores.

    The foundation is in a glass bottle with a white cap and it has a pump to dispense the product. When I used this product I noticed that it does dry down very quickly to a matte finish, and there is no scent to it that I noticed. I have used this foundation a few ways, no primer or setting spray, matte primer, matte primer and matte setting spray, and hydrating primer and hydrating setting spray. I could use this foundation any way I liked and it would still give me full coverage and stay on all day. I am using a face shield at work instead of a mask (I have asthma and allergies) so I can’t say whether or not it would transfer to your face mask, but it was comfortable to wear and at times I forgot I had it on. 

110 Porcelain 

   I found that this foundation has a yellow undertone and it just didn’t match me that well no matter what colour I had tried out. The other thing I didn’t like about it was that it didn’t sit well on my skin; this could be because I have a normal/dehydrated skin type in the summer, but if I used a hydrating setting spray on my face it did look a bit better but still not as seamless as I would have liked.

   It gets really hot in my workplace in the summer so I like to use matte foundations at work, I was really hoping that this one would work out for me but unfortunately it doesn’t play nice with my skin or skin type. Overall I was impressed that the foundation lasted all day but I think that this foundation would be good for someone with oily skin.

 



Ingredients:

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Isododecane, Dimethicone, C30-45 Alkyldimethylsilyl Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Glycerin, Silica, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Nylon-12, Phenoxyethanol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Cyclomethicone, Chlorphenesin, Ethylparaben, Disodium Edta, Acrylonitrile/Methyl Methacrylate/Vinylidene Chloride, Copolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Dipropylene Glycol, Isobutane, Paraffin, Sodium Citrate, Tocopherol and Isopropyl Alcohol

May Contain:

Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides.



$15.99 at Shoppers Drug Mart 



No comments:

Post a Comment