Monday 22 February 2021

L’Oréal Color Queen Oil Eyeshadow

   These are pigmented eyeshadows that have oil in them.

   Some of the ingredients in the shadows are C12-15 alkyl benzoate, phenyl trimethicone, caprylyl glycol, lauroyl lysine and magnesium stearate. C12-15 alkyl benzoate is a synthetic ingredient that is used as a texture enhancer and an emollient. Caprylyl glycol is a skin soothing moisturizer that is also used as a preservative. Phenyl trimethicone is an emollient silicone that is used to help with the spreadabillity and texture of an ingredient. Lauroyl Lysine is an amino acid from coconut oil. It is used as a skin and hair conditioning ingredient and it also helps with products texture. Magnesium Stearate is a texture enhancer and thickener that also has emulsifying properties. While I didn’t see any ingredients that are straight up oils I did see a lot of ingredients that would help to moisturize or soften your skin.

   These single shadows are encased in plastic with a white bottom and a clear lid. Each of the different finishes has a different pattern in the shadow. 

Unsurpassed (matte), Bravery (foil) and Keep It On (satin).

   When I swatched them they all felt thick, but they all spread really easily and have a lot of pigment in them. When I went to use the shadows I noticed that the brush picked up the shadows really easily. As I was applying the shadows to my eyelid I saw that the shadows were still pigmented using a brush. There was some fallout from the foil and satin shadows but I didn’t see any from the matte one, but that could be because it is a lighter colour. About half way through the day I did notice that the shadows transferred up towards my brow bone a bit. At the end of the day I didn’t notice any creasing or fading. I have used these shadows with and without primer and I got the same results each day.  

   I was intrigued by these shadows because they are marketed as an oil shadow and I wanted to see how they would perform. While I was disappointed that I didn’t notice any oils in the ingredients (please let me know if you see any), I was very happy to see that these shadows performed really well on my lids. I like these shadows and will probably end up getting more in the future.





Ingredients: 

C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Talc, Perlite, Hydrogenated Styrene / Butadiene Copolymer, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Alumina, Caprylyl Glycol, Silica, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Parfum / Fragrance, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Lauroyl Lysine, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Benzyl Alcohol, Tin Oxide, Hexyl Cinnamal, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Magnesium Stearate, Citronellol, Limonene, Citral, Farnesol and Tris-Bht Mesitylene.


May Contain: 

Mica Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides Ci 77007 / Ultramarines Ci 75470 / Carmine Ci 77000 / Aluminum Powder Ci 77742 / Manganese Violet Ci 77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide Ci 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake Ci 77510 / Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide Ci 42090 / Blue 1 Lake Ci 77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens]. (F.I.L. B225254/6).





$11.99 at Shoppers Drug Mart


No comments:

Post a Comment