Sunday 11 February 2018

Physicians Formula The Healthy Foundation


   Physicians formula has come out with a new foundation called The Healthy Foundation. This foundation has a lightweight, buildable, medium coverage that is long wearing.



   This formula is infused with a brightening complex, hyaluronic acid, vitamins, and antioxidants. It is also fragrance, paraben, cruelty and gluten free, hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic, vegan and has been dermatologist and clinically tested. I love that companies are coming out with makeup options that are better for your skin.





   This foundation has a giant doe foot applicator with a dip at the tip to hold onto the product better. If it weirds you out repeatedly dipping this in your foundation and applying it to your face, then you can always just put the foundation on the back of your hand or a plate and dip a sponge in it to keep it more sanitary. I personally have fun using the doe foot applicator. It’s like I’m putting on war paint to get ready for my day.

   I’ve noticed that the U.S version of this foundation does have SPF 20 written on the front, but the Canadian version does not. The working ingredient that is used as the sunscreen in the U.S version is Octinoxate 3%. I did see that the Canadian version has Titanium Dioxide listed at the bottom of the ingredients list, but it doesn’t seem that there is enough of it in the formula to be used as a sunscreen ingredient, as they do not list a SPF amount anywhere on the bottle. Even though it has Titanium Dioxide in the ingredients, I would still use a sunscreen with this foundation.

   This foundation is my new favourite! When I am wearing it my skin looks great, I get a lot of compliments on my skin, and it doesn’t feel like I have it on! I didn’t see it break up on my skin and it stayed put all day. It didn’t dry out my skin at all which I think is because of the hyaluronic acid that is in it.

   I really do love the foundation, and I have already purchased another one because I haven't been able to stop using it.

Ingredients
Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Isododecane, Butylene Glycol, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Acrylates/Polytrimethysil Oxymethacrylate Copolymer, Propanediol, Cyclohexasiloxane, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Magnesium Sulfate, Schinziophyton Rautanenii (Mongongo) Kernel Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylene Brassylate, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Silica, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Evodia Rutaecarpa (Wu-Zhu-Yu) Fruit Extract, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Cellulose Gum, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aluminun Hydroxide, Retinyl Palmitate, Rhodiola Rosea Root Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, BHT, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Tocopherol, Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499) and Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891).                 


$21.99 at Shoppers Drug Mart

No comments:

Post a Comment