Sunday 5 August 2018

Anastasia Subculture Eye Shadow Palette



   I know that this palette has a lot of controversy surrounding it, so I thought that I would try it out for myself and see how it performed.

   It has a dark teal fabric cover on it that will collect dirt but at least not show it too much. The name Subculture looks like the colour Edge in the palette and the company name looks like the colour Adorn. It has a nice mirror in it and a double ended brush, but I don’t recommend using this brush for the palette as it is too stiff for the eyeshadows in it, but it is a nice brush to use on other eyeshadows.




   For the most part the eyeshadows in the palette are nice. There are a few that aren’t as good though. 


 Left to Right: Cube, Dawn, Destiny, Adorn, All Star, Mercury and Axis


Left To Right: Roxy, Electric, Fudge New Wave, Untamed, Edge and Rowdy



   Cube and Electric are not pigmented enough to be used by themselves, but they are nice to be used as a topper. The only issue I had was that when I used Electric, it brought up a little bit of the shadow that I used it on top of, and it got hard pan on it quickly.

   Untamed, Destiny and Rowdy were pigmented, but when you blended them out they got patchy. 

   Adorn, while pigmented, got hard pan quickly,  

   Axis is pigmented but it felt grainy and stained your skin, so I recommend a good eye primer if you 
use this one. 

   Dawn is also pigmented but is extremely powdery.

   The rest of these eyeshadows are powdery but pigmented, and blend out pretty well.

    I bought this palette when it was on sale at Sephora, and it's not my favourite. I think that they could have done a better job on the formula. If you do get this palette, you need to use a really good eyeshadow primer with them and set it. That was the only way that I got them to stay on my eyelids and not crease. I don't recommend buying this palette if you are used to hard pressed eyeshadows.

   Overall I will not be buying this palette again, it was way to much work for me to get my shadow to look nice. I prefer the Soft Glam palette over this one.   


$55 at sephora.com

No comments:

Post a Comment