Sunday 2 September 2018

Smashbox Cover Shot: Major Metals Eye Palette


  This new eye shadow palette from Smashbox is amazing!



    The cover of the palette has a lenticular print on it (it moves depending on the angle you view it at) of what looks like red pigment exploding.
   It has six metallic shades and two foil shades. These shadows are very pigmented and last all day on your lids, as long as it’s not mid-summer and almost 40 degrees. On the days when it wasn’t way too hot outside they did last all day.




   The foil shades are a new finish that they have and unfortunately I did have issues with them. It says to use your finger to apply the new shadows in order to get the most pay off, and I did that, but I always find it hard to apply shadow with fingers. When I did use my finger, I got a lot of pigment payoff but I also had to use my brush to help blend it out and grab a bit of product. After a few swipes it looked like they were starting to get a little bit of hard pan on them, but the pigmentation still comes off nicely and the shadow still looks great on the lid. When I did use a brush, I noticed that there was very little product on it, so using your finger really is the best way to go with this finish. I also noticed that there was a lot of fallout with these shadows, so use a glitter glue primer and do your eyes first so that you don't mess up the rest of your makeup.



Left to Right: Chandelier, Rose Plated, Ignited, Outta This World (new finish), Heat Index, Go Platinum, Social Currency (new finish) and Garnet All.
   


   All of the other shadows blended out really nice on the lids and have great colour pay off.

   Overall I really like this palette and recommend it to you if you love metallic shadows.




$35 at Shoppers Drug Mart and Sephora 

No comments:

Post a Comment