Sunday 27 January 2019

Glamglow Supermud



   This face mask is good if you have problem skin or skin imperfections, and you would like to clarify your skin.


   The formula is a blend of six acids, charcoal, clay and their Teaoxi. It is paraben, phthalate, sulfate, soap, oil, petrolatum, drying alcohol free and is also vegan.


   This mask comes in two different sizes 50 ml and 100 ml. The smaller one comes in a jar, and the bigger one comes in a tube. I have to say I really like the jar better than the tube. I find that the product comes out too fast from the tube. I think that the hole of the tube is too big for the product and I had to be very careful not to tip it over, because the product would come out without being squeezed.

    On the package it says to leave this mask on for 5 – 20 minutes. The first time I had on this mask a few minutes in I felt a tingling sensation like it was burning my skin, when it started to dry though, the sensation went away. When I took off the mask (after 20 minutes) my face looked slightly red and felt a bit dry, but it felt very clean and smooth. The more I used the mask the more my skin got used to it and it didn’t tingle as much. I always recommend when using a new product to always do a patch test to see how your skin will react to it. I didn’t do that because I have used this product a few years ago and I didn’t have a reaction to it then. Although I still should have done the patch test because my skin could have changed since then. 

    I really like this mask, I find that it reduces the size of pimples by at least half after one use. I will  be using it as a spot treatment to get rid of any pimples that pop up. Overall I recommend this face mask, but do a patch test before using it.



Ingredients:
Water, Kaolin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Mandelic Acid, Carbon, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf, Tartaric Acid, Pyruvic Acid, Lactic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Glycolic Acid, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Powder, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Hedera Helix (Ivy) Extract, Symphytum Officinale (Comfrey) Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Peg-12 Dimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Butylene Glycol, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Hectorite, Hexylene Glycol, Glycerin, Calendula Officinalis Extract, Maltodextrin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Xanthan Gum, Fragrance (Parfum), Limonene, Benzyl Benzoate, Linalool, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Iron Oxides (Cl 77499).

Glycolic Acid - an alpha hydroxy acid that is derived from sugar cane. People with rosacea or very sensitive skin should not use it.

Salicylic Acid - an beta hydroxy acid that helps with many skin problems such as inflammation and acne.

Lactic Acid- an alpha hydroxy acid that is derived from milk, vegetables, fruit and other plants.

Mandelic - an alpha hydroxy acid that is derived from bitter almonds.

Pyruvic Acid – found in vinegar, fermented fruits and apples.

Tartaric Acid - an alpha hydroxy acid that is found in in many plants including bananas and grapes. It helps to keep your ph stable

Beta Hydroxy Acid  - These acids are oil-soluble. They can get deep into your pores to help remove excess sebum and dead skin cells.

Alpha Hydroxy Acid – These acids are water-soluable. They help to exfoliate the top layers of skin to reveal more smoother and refined skin.

Activated Charcoal – Helps to draw out dirt and toxins from your pores.

Kaolin Clay – Helps to absorbs excess sebum, detoxes skin, treats acne and is good for sensitive and irritated skin.

Teaoxi Eucalyptus Leaves- They use steeped leaves and leave them in the product so that they continue to work in the product. Some of the masks have a different Teaoxi in them. 



Available at Shoppers Drug Mart and Sephora
$79 for 50ml
$99 for 100 ml


No comments:

Post a Comment