Sunday 21 July 2019

Maybelline Dream Urban Cover Foundation



   This is the first lightweight, full coverage foundation from Maybelline that has a spf 50 in it.

   This foundation has antioxidants in it that help to protect your skin from environmental aggressors. The formula also has vitamin e, caffeine and niacinamide in it. Niacinamide is an anit-flammatory that helps to reduce the redness in your skin. There is also has a broad spectrum chemical sunscreen of spf 50 in it. This foundation has been dermatologist tested and is available in sixteen shades.


   This foundation is in a squeeze tube that has a little tip where the foundation comes out of. I am not a fan of these types of tubes. I don’t like that when you release it, some air goes into the tube. I feel that this makes the product go bad faster.


Maybelline Dream Urban Cover Foundation in 112 Natural Ivory.


   When I first squeezed out the foundation I could smell the sunscreen in it. I used my sponge to apply it and it blended out very well on my face and made my skin look almost airbrushed. I did notice that you can get medium to full coverage with it. I initially used it all over my face then I just added a little bit more in the spots that needed it, and it didn’t look cakey at all. Throughout the day I noticed that it felt very lightweight on my face, I actually forgot that I had foundation on. I tried it during a very hot week and even though I was sweating a lot, it didn’t look that bad at the end of the day. I have dry/dehydrated skin and it came off a little bit on my forehead, chin and nose but I also had a cold and I accidentally rubbed my forehead. I expected it to come off of my chin due to sweat, but I was actually surprised that it didn’t come off the rest of my face. The scent of sunscreen lasted for about half a day. After that, I couldn’t noticed it anymore but a few co-workers could smell it a little bit on my face (yes I asked them to smell my face J).  I noticed that the expiration date on the tube says April 2020, normally products with sunscreen in them are good for two years and not just nine months. Be sure to double check the expiry before you pick one up.

   Overall I really like this foundation but I don’t like the packaging. I don’t think that this would stay on during a sweat session, but if you are just outside for the day I think that this would be good if you have dry/dehydrated or normal skin. I’m not sure if this would work for you on a very hot day if you have oily skin.





Ingredients:

Active Ingredients:
Homosalate 10.0%, Octisalate 5.0%, Octocrylene 4.0%

Cosmetic Ingredients:
Water, Dimethicone, Propanediol, Alcohol Denat., Niacinamide, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Peg-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Tocopherol, Caffeine, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polyglyceryl-4 Diisostearate/Polyhydroxystearate/Sebacate, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Aluminum Hydroxide, Fragrance, Limonene, Benzyl Salicylate And Citral.

May Contain:
Titanium Dioxide and Iron Oxides.





No comments:

Post a Comment