Saturday 7 September 2019

Maybelline Snapscara

   The mascara is marketed as giving you clump-free volume that won’t flake off, and will come off easily with just warm water on a cotton pad.


   This mascara from Maybelline has no waxes in it which makes it easier to remove the mascara. Since there is no wax in it, this makes the colour pay off better. There is also shea butter, glycerin and vitamin e in the formula. Shea butter helps to moisturize, glycerin attracts moisture to your skin and vitamin e is an antioxidant. The mascara is also ophthalmologist tested and can be worn by contact lens wearers.

   The mascara is in a rectangular tube. This makes it easy for me to hold the wand as I am putting on the mascara.

   The wand itself is curved with bristles going from big to small, from bottom to tip. The placement of the bristles makes it easy to get at the lashes on the inside of the eye. I really like wands like this, they get every lash without causing a mess.

   When I first used this mascara I noticed that a little bit flaked off in my eye the first couple of days, after the first week though it wasn’t flaking anymore. As I applied the mascara I noticed that it wouldn’t really build up on my lashes without clumping a little bit. This happens all the time with my lashes though, every mascara clumps when I try to build it up. When I applied the mascara I did get a lot of length from it, but only a little bit of volume.

    When I went to take it off, I used a cotton round soaked with warm water and it took off all of the mascara. I had to use a couple of them but it all came off eventually. When I removed the mascara, I didn’t rub or massage my eye, I just held the cotton round on my eye for five seconds then swiped it down off of my eye. When I looked at the cotton round there was a bunch of little pieces of the mascara on it, and I didn’t have any smudges around my eye from removing it. I only used this method of removal one day to see if it would work, then I went back to using my waterproof makeup remover. When I used the makeup remover, it got it all off in seconds and there wasn’t any left like there usually is.

   Overall I do like this mascara but I would be weary using it if it was raining outside or if I rubbed my eyes. I didn’t rub my eyes while wearing it nor did I get caught in the rain, but I think that it would come off really easy if you did.




Ingredients:
Water, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter / Shea Butter, Propylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, Dimethicone, Polybutene, Peg-100 Stearate, Behenyl Alcohol, Sorbitol/Sebacic Acid Copolymer Behenate, Divinyldimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Disodium Ethylene Dicocamide Peg-15 Disulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Glyceryl Dibehenate, Glycerin, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Butylene Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Tribehenin, Xanthan Gum, Dimethiconol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glyceryl Behenate, Bht, Ethylhexylglycerin, Disodium Edta, C12-13 Pareth-23, C12-13 Pareth-3, Tetrasodium Edta, Methicone, Tocopherol and Citric Acid.

[+/- May Contain:
Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides, Ci 77007 / Ultramarines, Ci 75470 / Carmine, Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, Ci 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, Ci 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, Ci 16035 / Red 40, Mica, Ci 77742 / Manganese Violet, Ci 77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide] and F.I.L. D215939/1





$10.49 at Shoppers Drug Mart

1 comment: