Sunday 1 September 2019

Nyx Bare With Me Radiant Perfecting Primer


   This radiant primer from Nyx is infused with Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil and Centella Asiatica Extract.

  The primer is made for all skin types and for sensitive skin. It is supposed to provide 24 hour hydration to your skin while giving it a luminous glow. This can be worn alone and under your makeup.

   Hemp and marijuana are both classified as Cannabis Sativa, this makes it a little confusing as to which plant is the one that gets you high. While they both have Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC, the stuff that makes you high) in them, Hemp has only 0.3% THC or less, while marijuana has up to 28%.

   Cannabis Sativa Oil is hemp-derived meaning that there is little THC in this product. The amount of THC in this primer is less than 10 ppm (parts per million) which equals to less than 0.001%.  So no, you won’t get high on this product if you eat it.

   Hemp Oil is also a good source of Vitamin E which helps to protect your skin from environmental stressors such as air pollution and sun damage; it also has healing and moisturizing benefits. There is also Centella Asiatica extract in the formula and this is supposed to have wound healing abilities. It reduces the inflammation in your skin and helps to promote collagen production so that you heal faster.  

   This is a squeeze tube and it has a big opening that the product comes out of. If you are not careful you will get way too much product. When I first squeezed out the product and put it on, I noticed that it had a slight bug spray scent to. The scent goes away when I put on foundation but it does linger if you don’t put anything on top of it. The primer does give a pretty glow to your face if you want to use it by itself, but for me it is too much to wear by itself.

Left side, swatch of primer, right side rubbed into skin. 


   I found that this primer did a good job of holding onto my foundation. I had my makeup on for fourteen hours and it didn’t move around on me, sometimes at the end of the day though I did notice that my face felt a little dry in some spots. Aside from the scent of this primer I like it, and will probably will end up repurchasing it.





Ingredients:
Water, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Alcohol Denat., Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil, Dimethicone, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Polyglyceryl-6 Distearate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Polysilicone-11, Mica, Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Phenoxyethanol, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Jojoba Esters, Capryloyl Salicylic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Citrate, Polyacrylamide, Ci 77491 / Iron Oxides, Fragrance, Boron Nitride, Polyglyceryl-3 Beeswax, Cetyl Alcohol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Adenosine, Disodium Edta, Citric Acid, Madecassoside, Laureth-7, Centella Asiatica Extract, Tin Oxide, Linalool, Geraniol and Limonene.







4 comments:

  1. NYX make some great drugstore primers! It looks super luminous in that swatch.

    Alexis | alexisadrienne.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the only one of theirs that I have tried, but I do like it. They make a lot of great stuff! It is very luminous on the skin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this post. I definitely agree with what you are saying. I have been talking about this subject a lot lately with my mother so hopefully this will get him to see my point of view. Fingers crossed! why not find out more

    ReplyDelete