Sunday 29 September 2019

Urban Decay Naked Honey Eyeshadow Palette



   The new Urban Decay Honey palette has twelve golden neutral shades in it that can create beautiful looks to take you from day to night.


   The box has a brown and gold wave in the background and the words Urban Decay Naked Honey are raised. On the inside of the box there are honeycombs with bees in them. The back of the box has the colours with their names on it. Some of the pictures of the colours look accurate as to what they are but some don’t. There is also a picture of the brush on the back. I really like when they put these pictures on the back of the box, I think that it makes them look nicer.

   The palette itself is a golden hard plastic that has a wave on the front with the words Urban Decay Naked Honey raised on it. There is also a cruelty-free, vegan double ended brush that has a smudger on one side and a tapered crease brush on the other side. The brush is also coloured to match the colour of the palette.

Colours Left to Right: Flyby, Sweet, Swarm, Keeper, Golden, Honey, Hive, Drip, Hbic and Sting.
  

Flyby (ivory satin)
Sweet (neutral beige matte)
Swarm (soft mustard matte)
Amber (metallic copper shimmer)
Keeper (mustard brown matte)
Golden (rich gold shimmer)
Honey (intense gold metallic)
Queen (golden brown shimmer)
Hive (warm brown matte)
Drip (warm reddish-brown matte)
Hbic (rosy bronze shimmer)
Sting (deep warm brown matte)
 

   When I first opened the palette I expected it to smell like honey but it doesn't. I've got to say I was a tad disappointed that it doesn't. As I used these eyeshadows, I noticed that they are still very powdery, but they do blend out better than the shadows in the other palettes. I got a lot of fallout from the shades Golden, Honey and Queen, so I used a wet brush with them and this seemed to fix that problem. Honey seems to be the only shade in the palette that doesn’t have a lot of pigmentation, so I used it on top of Sting and it looked really nice.

   I was pleasantly surprised that I could do a lot of different looks with this palette. I do wish though that Flyby was a matte and not a satin, and that there was one lighter shade in the palette. Overall I like this palette but I will be incorporating a few lighter shades when I use it again.





No comments:

Post a Comment