Sunday 19 January 2020

Covergirl Clean Fresh Skin Milk Nourishing Foundation

   This is light coverage foundation that gives your skin a dewy finish and is for all skin types.


   This formula in this is 100% vegan and has aloe extract, coconut milk, sodium hyaluronate (salt form of hyaluronic acid), tocopherol (vitamin e) and urea. Urea helps to hydrate your skin and has exfoliating and anti-itch properties. This foundation is also free from parabens, talc, sulfates, mineral oil, formaldehyde, phthalates and fragrance.

   This foundation is supposed to even out your skin tone, blur imperfections, have sheer buildable coverage and give you instant hydration that lasts all day.

520 Fair

   When I first opened the foundation I noticed that there was a very faint scent to it but nothing offensive and it went away very quickly. As normal, I applied a primer to my face then I applied the foundation with my sponge. I noticed right away that it gave me sheer coverage on my face, I then tried to build it up a little on my cheeks and chin (to cover a little redness) and I noticed right away that it didn’t look nice after I built it up. I tried to put a little powder over it and it did not look good at all. Throughout the day the skin on my jaw started to feel dry and looked really cakey. By the end of the day, the skin on my jaw felt parched and looked bad.

   I’ve noticed that with this foundation if you set it, it doesn’t look good. Every time I tried to set it with a setting powder (I used different ones) it didn’t look good. I finally gave up using a setting powder and I just used a primer and the foundation, and it looked nice on my skin. At the end of every day including the ones I used setting powder, the foundation still felt tacky, but my skin looked dewy. I tried building it up a few times and it still didn’t look good so I gave up on that also. On the days that I just used one layer of foundation and I didn’t set it, my face looked pretty good. It did blur my skin in some places and gave me an overall dewy look but it did not even out my skin tone or keep my dry skin as hydrated as I would have like. I did notice though that this foundation fit my skin tone pretty well, and did not oxidize at all.

   I am on the fence with this foundation, I really wanted to love it but I like my foundations to have more coverage and not dry my skin out. I think that this would be a good foundation it you just want a natural look, which I believe is what is was made for. I will have to try it out again in the summer time to see if it works better with my skin.






Ingredients:
Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate,
Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Acetyl Glucosamine, Niacinamide, Sodium Chloride, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Mica, Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Sodium Benzoate, Alcohol Denat., Dimethicone, Disodium Deceth-6 Sulfosuccinate, Tocopherol, Laureth-30, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Methicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Pentylene Glycol, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Extract, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Citric Acid, Fructose, Sodium Hydroxide, Urea, Allantoin, Maltose, Sodium Lactate, Sodium PCA, Trehalose, Phenethyl Alcohol, Potassium Sorbate, Glucose, Silybum Marianum Seed Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Limonene and Linalool.

May Contain:
Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)].






$10.99 at Shoppers Drug Mart

No comments:

Post a Comment