Monday 13 April 2020

Sol De Janeiro Brazilian Kiss Cupuaçu Lip Butter

   This is a nourishing and hydrating lip balm.

   This lip balm has lots of good ingredients in it. Some of those are sunflower seed oil, coconut oil, cupuaçu butter, tocopherol (vitamin e) and açaí fruit oil. Cupuaçu butter is full of fatty acids, phytosterols and polyphenols. The fatty acids help to moisturize your skin while the phytosterols and polyphenols have anti-aging benefits. Açaí oil is an emollient that is full of antioxidants and vitamins. It is used for its anti-aging properties and its ability to restore moisture to your skin. This product is free from petrolatum, propylene glycol, PEGs, synthetic colours, phthalates, and parabens and is also cruelty free.

   The first thing I noticed about this balm is that it is huge! It is twice the diameter as a normal lip balm and a bit taller, but it only has about two grams more than a regular one. As with a regular lip balm the lid is on pretty good and it takes a little tug to get it off, but once you do you can smell the Doce de Leite (sweet caramel) scent to it. As I went to apply the balm I could smell the scent to it right away and it did last for about ten minutes after application. The first time I applied it to my lips, it felt a bit awkward because of its size, but the product went on really smooth and it made my lips feel instantly hydrated and smooth. For me the hydration from the lip balm lasted for a few hours on my lips unless I was eating and/or drinking, but I am a lip balm addict and I like my lips to feel hydrated all day. If you apply this balm a lot in a day, it might start to feel a bit thick on the lips, I think that this is because it has beeswax as the first ingredient.

   They say that you can also use this balm on your elbows and cuticles to soothe your dry skin, or even where you apply highlighter to help give your skin a radiant glow. I have only tried using it on my lips, so I am not sure how well it would work on other parts of the body.

   Overall I love this balm. I like that it smells good and that it keeps my lips hydrated and soft. They only thing I do not like about it is the price. I think that it is pricey, and wish that they would bring the price down. If you are like me and you love the scent and the feeling of soft hydrated lips than I recommend trying it out.






Ingredients:
Beeswax (Cera Alba), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Theobroma Grandiflorum (Cupuaçu) Seed Butter, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Tocopherol, Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil, Aroma/Flavor, Euterpe Oleracea (Açaí) Fruit Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract and Benzyl Benzoate.





$24 at Sephora

No comments:

Post a Comment