Saturday 26 September 2020

Clarins Mascara Supra Volume


   This is a plant-enriched volumizing mascara.

   Some of the ingredients in this mascara formula are glycerin, oryza sativa (rice) bran wax, panthenol, acacia farnesiana flower wax and dimethicone. Oryza sativa (rice) bran extract is a plant ingredient that is used to soften and nourish your skin. Acacia Farnesiana Flower Wax has smoothing and protective properties. Dimethicone (a.k.a polydimethylsiloxane) is a type of silicone that is man-made. It is used as an anti-foaming agent, a hair and skin conditioner and a skin protector. This mascara is fragrance free and has been ophthalmologist and dermatologist tested.

   The mascara is in a beautiful shiny gold tube that has a slight slant on the top with the letter C engraved on it. The brush has a lot of bristles on it, and it looks like they spiral up the wand. The formula smells like a lot of other mascaras. The mascara was easy to apply, I always go from root to tip and wiggle the brush a little as I go. The formula did give my lashes some volume and it didn’t clump them together. Throughout the day though, I notice that the mascara smeared on me. Every day I used it there was mascara smudges under my eyes, sometimes only a little bit but other days I looked awful. I am not sure why it smudged on me. I tried applying the mascara before and after my setting spray and no setting spray at all but it still smudged. It was easy to take off at the end of the night though, which is good. 

   Although I liked the way the mascara looked on me and that it came off easily when I removed it, I will not be getting another one since it smudged on me. 





Ingredients:

Water,  Synthetic Beeswax, Paraffin, Acacia Senegal Gum, Butylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Glycerin, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Vp/Hexadecene Copolymer, Copernicia Cerifera Cera/Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/Cire De Carnauba, Aminomethyl Propanediol, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Wax, Panthenol, Acacia Farnesiana Flower Wax, Dimethicone, Phenethyl Alcohol, Octyldodecanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sphinganine, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Cellulose, Pvp, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium Phosphate, Polysorbate 60, Sodium Phosphate and Biotinoyl Tripeptide-1.


May Contain: 

Mica, Tin Oxide, Silica, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Ci 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77491/Ci 77492/Ci 77499/Iron Oxides, Ci 77510/ Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide/Ferric Ferrocyanide, Ci 77742/Manganese Violet, Ci 77007/Ultramarines, Ci 77266/Black 2 [Nano], Ci 75470/Carmine, Ci 77289/Chromium Hydroxide Green, Ci 77288/Chromium Oxide Greens, Ci 42090/Blue 1 Lake/Blue 1, Ci 19140/Yellow 5 Lake and Ci 77163/Bismuth Oxychloride. 



$32 at Shoppers Drug Mart



This mascara was given to me to try out.


No comments:

Post a Comment