Monday 12 October 2020

Mediterranean Almond Milk with Oats Instant Soothing Mask

   This is a soothing, exfoliating face mask that is made for sensitive skin.

   Some of the ingredients used in the mask formula are, olive fruit oil, glycerin, propanediol, oat kernel meal, shea butter, tocopherol (vitamin e), aloevera, sunflower seed oil, sweet almond seed extract. Olive fruit oil also has antioxidant and emollient properties but it is also a moisturizer. Propanediol is a natural or synthetic glycol that can do many things. It enhances preservative efficacy, can help dissolve ingredients, decreases the viscosity of a product and is a humectant. The oat kernel meal in this mask is used as an exfoliator. Sweet almond is an emollient and has several skin nourishing fatty acids in it.

   The mask has a creamy texture to it with little pieces of oat that are used as an exfoliator. The mask has an almond/oat scent to it, I only noticed the scent as I applied it. As I applied the mask I found that it went on a little thin and I felt like I had to apply a thick layer, which is fine by me. The first time I applied this mask I had used it to soothe my skin after a different mask made my skin red (I think that mask was a little past its prime). When I applied this mask on my red skin, it did feel soothing on my face. When I rinsed it off after the recommended ten minutes, my face didn’t look as red. Other times when I have used this mask I did gently rinse it off with circular motion and the oats were not rough on my skin. After every use of this mask my skin felt hydrated and nourished.

   I think that this mask would be a good mask to use if you have sensitive skin, or even if you need to calm your skin down. I will be repurchasing this mask after I use it up.

 

 

Ingredients:

Water, Olea Europaea Fruit Oil / Olive Fruit Oil, Glycerin, Propanediol, Avena Sativa Kernel Meal / Oat Kernel Meal, Cetearyl Alcohol, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter / Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea)Butter, Betaine, Lactobacillus Ferment Lysate, Sodium Polyacrylate, Carrageenan, Benzyl Alcohol, Jojoba Esters, Levulinic Acid, Parfum / Fragrance, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Sodium Levulinate, Tocopherol, Bisabolol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Citric Acid, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil / Sunflower Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Seed Extract / Sweet Almond Seed Extract, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Hydroxide and Dehydroacetic Acid.



$28 at The Body Shop 


No comments:

Post a Comment