Monday 29 March 2021

La Roche-Posay Pure Vitamin C10 Serum

   This is an anti-aging serum that helps to reduce imperfections on your skin. 

   This is an oil and paraben free, non-comedogenic serum that is suitable for sensitive skin. It is an allergy tested formula with fragrance that has also been dermatologist tested. Some of the ingredients in this serum are ascorbic acid, cyclohexasiloxane, glycerin, dimethicone, tocopherol (vitamin E), sodium hyaluronate, hydrolyzed hyaluronic acid and caprylyl glycol. Ascorbic acid (vitamin C) is an antioxidant that promotes collagen production and helps to fade brown spots on your skin. Cyclohexasiloxane is a type of silicone that helps a product spread evenly over your skin while also softening and soothing it. Dimethicone (a.k.a polydimethylsiloxane) is a type of silicone that is man-made. It is used as an anti-foaming agent, a hair and skin conditioner and a skin protector. Hydrolyzed hyaluronic acid is a smaller version of hyaluronic acid, the smaller version is able to go deeper into your skin. Caprylyl glycol is a skin soothing moisturizer that is also used as a preservative.

   The serum comes in a UV filter coated glass bottle that has a dropper. Even though the bottle has a UV filter, it is still recommended to store it in a cool dark place. Vitamin C is sensitive to air and light, so it may oxidize to a yellow colour. If it does oxidize, it will not impair the efficacy or tolerance of the serum. Once you open the bottle you have two months to use it up.

   When I put some of the serum into my hand I noticed that the serum itself smells very medicinal, but the scent goes away in a little bit. There is also an orange tint to the serum. The serum feels a little thick when you apply it but it sinks into your skin very quickly, and when it dries down it feels lightweight and matte on your skin. I noticed that if I put on too much it feels thick on my skin and it starts to pill up a bit. This also happened when I used a thick cream over the serum. The serum is hydrating enough that you could just use it by itself but I always like to use a moisturizer, so I used a light moisturizer over top of it. At the end of the day when I cleaned off my face, I could see a light orange tint on the cotton round. I used it once at night with a night cream overtop of it, and when I woke up I noticed that there was a light orange spot on my pillow. Thankfully it didn’t stain my pillow case and I didn’t use it at night again after that. 

   After a month of using this serum I noticed that my dark spots were fading and my fine lines weren’t as noticeable. I think that this serum works really well and I will be using it again and again.






Ingredients:

Water, Ascorbic Acid, Cyclohexasiloxane, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Potassium Hydroxide, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polysilicone-11, Dimethicone, Propylene Glycol, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Tocopherol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Adenosine, Acetyl Dipeptide-1 Cetyl Ester, Peg-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Poloxamer 338, Salicylic Acid, Polyacrylamide, Toluene Sulfonic Acid, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Xanthan Gum, Caprylyl Glycol, Disodium Edta, Bht, Laureth-7 and Fragrance.



$59 at Shoppers Drug Mart


This item was gifted to me.




No comments:

Post a Comment