Monday 28 June 2021

Maybelline Lash Sensational Sky High Mascara

   This is mascara gives length and volume to your lashes.

   A few of the ingredients in this mascara are glyceryl stearate, phenoxyethanol, caprylyl glycol, glycerin and caprylic/capric triglyceride. Phenoxyethanol is a synthetic preservative that is used in many cosmetic items. Caprylyl glycol is a skin soothing moisturizer that is also used as a preservative. Caprylic/capric triglyceride is derived from glycerin and coconut oil and is used as an emollient in cosmetics. It helps to replenish and moisturize your skin. Glyceryl stearate helps to keep skin smooth and soft and creates a barrier on the skin surface which helps to slow down water loss. This mascara has also been allergy and ophthalmologist tested and is suitable for contact wearers. It says that there are fibers in the formula and that the formula will not clump, smudge or flake for twenty four hours.

   The mascara is in a big pink tube that has the company name written in black. It also has Sky High in raised metallic pink lettering with Lash Sensational in black on a raised pink metallic square.

   The brush is a flex tower brush and the mascara smells like any other mascara. As I applied the mascara to my lashes, I noticed that it gave my lashes some length and volume on the first coat, and more on the second coat. On the third coat I got even more length and volume but my lashes started to clump together a little and I had to comb them out a little bit. The mascara did last all day without any clumping, smudging or flaking and I liked that the formula performed well from the start.

   They say that the formula is washable but I found that it didn’t all come off even with a waterproof eye makeup remover. I always keep the cotton round with the eye makeup remover on the lashes for about twenty to thirty seconds before swiping it down. I do this a couple of times on both eyes and usually it does remove all of the mascara. As I was taking off the mascara I didn’t see any fibers in it, but they could have been really small.

 

Overall I do like this mascara but it didn’t give my lashes a lot of length or volume. I was expecting my lashes to be a lot longer, but since they are already long it may be more noticeable on shorter lashes. I do like the overall look that it gave my lashes. They looked more defined then they normally do, and I think that for me this would be a good mascara for everyday use.

 

 

 

 

 

Ingredients:

Water, Propylene Glycol, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Polyurethane-35, Cera Alba / Beeswax / Cire Dabeille, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Peg-200 Glyceryl Stearate, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax / Cire De Carnauba, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Ethylene/Va Copolymer, Alcohol Denat., Paraffin, Aminomethyl Propanediol, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Glycerin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Butylene Glycol, Rayon, Xanthan Gum, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Disodium Edta, Myristic Acid, Tetrasodium Edta, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Potassium Sorbate, Silica, Soluble Collagen, Bambusa Vulgaris Extract and Trisodium Edta.

 

 

May Contain:

Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides, Ci 77007 / Ultramarines, Mica, Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Ci 75470 / Carmine, Ci 77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, Ci 77742 / Manganese Violet and Ci 77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide.



$13.99 at Maybelline.ca

$13.99 at Shoppers Drug Mart


No comments:

Post a Comment