Monday 21 June 2021

Nyx Shine Loud High Shine Lip Colour

   This is a long lasting liquid lipstick that has a moisturizing gloss top coat.

    A few of the ingredients in this lipstick are isododecane, macadamia ternifolia seed oil, coriander fruit oil, jojoba seed oil, apricot kernel oil, passiflora edulis (maracuja) seed oil and sodium hyaluronate. Isododecane is a clear colourless liquid that is used as an emollient. It also helps product to glide easily onto the skin and helps to minimize the transfer of the product. Macadamia ternifolia seed oil is full of nourishing fatty acids and is used as an emollient. Coriander Fruit Oil has skin soothing properties. Simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil is a non comedogenic liquid wax that is a humectant with antioxidant properties. Prunus armeniaca (apricot) kernel oil is an emollient that also has nourishing, moisturizing and antioxidant properties. Passiflora edulis (a.k.a maracuja) seed oil has skin soothing properties and is full of antioxidants. Sodium hyaluronate is the salt form of hyaluronic acid. This form of hyaluronic acid has smaller molecules which makes it easier to go deeper into the skin. It is also vegan and cruelty free.

    The lip product comes in a double ended tube with the base coat on one side and the gloss on the other side. The middle of the tube is the base colour with the company name, name of the product and colour name in black. The base side is the colour of the base while the gloss side is clear with thick strips of the color on it.

   When I opened the colour side I saw that the applicator is a curved petal wand with a piece of the middle bent in the opposite direction so that you can get a lot of the product on the wand. The gloss side has a brush applicator.

Shine Loud in Magic Maker

   As I went to apply the colour base I didn’t notice any scent to it.  As I applied the colour, there was enough product on the wand to cover both lips, and the petal applicator made it really easy to carve out my lips. The base coat did take a few minutes to dry down on my lips and once it did, it didn’t transfer and felt comfortable, but it did make them look wrinkly. Once I put the gloss on, my lips felt instantly hydrated and comfortable and looked really shinny. The gloss does transfer but it doesn’t take any of the colour with it. I did eat an entrée salad while I had the product on and once the gloss wore off, only a little bit of the lip colour came off when I blotted my lips, but not enough that anyone would notice anything wrong with my lip colour. The liquid lipstick stays on for hours but the gloss does wear off after a couple of hours and I do have to reapply it. When I went to take it off at the end of the day I had a bit of trouble, it really didn’t want to come off. When you do take this off you will want to use an eye and lip remover. I have tried this liquid lipstick with both lip balm on and no lip balm and I found that it worked a lot better with no lip balm on under the base colour.

   I had decided to take off the label that was on the gloss, and as I did so some of the paint from the tube came off on the label. Not a big deal for me but I was surprised that the paint came off.

   Overall I really like this liquid lipstick. I like that it actually feels comfortable on the lips and that it will stay all day without making my lips feel extremely dry. I want to repurchase this lip in other colours and I hope that they come out with the gloss separately soon.

 

 



 

Base Coat Ingredients:

   Isododecane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Nylon-611/Dimethicone Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Lauroyl Lysine, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Coriandrum Sativum Fruit Oil / Coriander Fruit Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil / Jojoba Seed Oil, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil / Apricot Kernel Oil, Passiflora Edulis Seed Oil, C30-45 Alkyldimethylsilyl Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silica, Alumina, Aluminum Hydroxide, Propylene Carbonate, Fragrance and Benzyl Alcohol.

May Contain:

   Ci 15850 / Red 7, Ci 15985 / Yellow 6 Lake, Ci 45380 / Red 22 Lake, Ci 45410 / Red 28 Lake, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides, Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Ci 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake and Ci 42090 / Blue 1 Lake.

 

Top Coat Ingredients:

Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate and Tocopheryl Acetate.




$15 at Nyx

$14.49 at Shoppers Drug Mart





No comments:

Post a Comment